Monday, September 14, 2009

Law Worth Pondering

It's no secret that I don't like police officers. It's not that I don't like the concept of law enforcement. It is that I do not like the laws being enforced. The list of unconstitutional laws that our police officers enforce is growing by the day. I just figured I'd throw one out there for you to think about.

Have you ever wondered how you can cruise down the interstate at 75 mph on a motorcycle (in some states without a helmet), but when you get in your car (by far more safe) a police officer can write you a ticket for not wearing your seatbelt? This just doesn't make any sense to me. The government does NOT have the right, under the Constitution of the United States, to tell me that I HAVE to wear my seatbelt. I WILL wear my seatbelt, because it is safe for me, but I will NEVER wear my seatbelt because some out of shape "officer" of the law told me to. Police officers are there to protect us from other people, not from ourselves. The enforcement of victimless crimes is insane and I will not respect the gentlemen in uniform for that enforcement.

Go Get Em' Mr. Police Officer

No comments:

Post a Comment