- "4,000 women had to give birth in hallways, lifts, offices, and even toilets due to lack of hospital beds in the UK over the past year." (Source: Daily Mail UK - Aug 2009)
- "Canadians face significant waiting times for various diagnostics such as computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasound scans. The median wait for a CT scan across Canada was 4.3 weeks, but in Prince Edward Island, it's 9 weeks. A Canadian's median wait for an MRI was 10.3 weeks, but in Newfoundland, patients waited 28 weeks. Finally, the median wait for an ultrasound was 3.8 weeks across Canada, but in Manitoba and Prince Edward Island it was 8 weeks." (Source: Fraser Institute - 2006)
- "Breast cancer kills 46% of its targets in Britain, compared with 25% in the U.S.; prostate cancer kills 57% of the Britons it strikes, compared with 25% of American victims; Britain's heart attack fatality rate was 19.5% higher than America's in 2005." (Source: Pacific Research Institute)
- "The British National Health Service "does not allow" women under age 25 to receive screening for cervical cancer." (Source: Jim DeMint, U.S. Rep. Senator South Carolina)
- "In the UK, breast cancer survival rates are 11-14% lower than they are here in the United States." (Source: Sue Myrick - U.S. Rep. Senator South Carolina)
- "We all agree that the system is imploding, we all agree that things are more precarious than perhaps Canadians realize." Dr. Anne Doig - President of the Canadian Medical Association (Source: Canadian Press - August 2009)
- "In Britain, if the proposed medical procedure costs more than $45,000 per "quality-adjusted live years", then you are denied that medical treatment." (Source: Newt Gingrich, Human Events - August 2009)
People!!!! We do not want this healthcare bill passed. Not only will it destroy the healthcare in this country, but it will also destroy one of the only industries in which the United States still has a competitive advantage over the rest of the world.